Virtual Walk with a Doc Events
Check out our new video with the Walk At Home team!
While many Walk with a Doc chapters around the world are back to hosting in-person walk events, we’ll continue to share some Virtual WWAD videos and podcasts for those who don’t have an in-person WWAD chapter nearby, aren’t ready to attend in-person events yet, or are WWAD superfans who just can’t get enough! The format will be the same as a typical in-person WWAD event: listen to a health talk, take a walk, connect with others. See below for details!
Step 1: Listen to a Health Talk
Check out the library of videos where WWAD Leaders from around the world share important health tips! You can also check out the youtube playlist below with all of our videos (click the top right corner of the playlist for more videos). Watch one on a topic that interests you.
Step 2: Take a Walk
After watching the health talk, it’s time to go out for a walk! Here are a few reminders:
- Stay Safe – Make sure you follow current CDC and local guidelines for masking and physical distancing for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- Get Out In Nature – If possible, get outside for your walk! Walk around your neighborhood or head to a local park. Nature is good for you and your immune system.
- Be Social – During your walk, feel free to call or FaceTime a friend or a family member. Prefer some alone time? Consider listening to music or a podcast while you walk, or soak in the sights and sounds of your surroundings.
- Show your WWAD Pride – If you have any WWAD swag, wear it during your walk and snap some selfies!
Step 3: Get Connected
Tell us about your walk! We would love to hear all about it and help celebrate with you.
- Comment on the health talk video that we posted on social media
- Post in the WWAD Facebook Group
- Post on your own social media using #VirtualWWAD and be sure to tag @walkwithadoc
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org