Virtual Walk with a Doc Events
2022 Aloha Challenge
February is Heart Health Month and we’re celebrating with an adventure! Show your heart some love by joining us for two weeks of movement (any kind you like), connecting with others, and getting inspired to eat heart healthy foods as we virtually travel through the Hawaiian Islands. Let’s improve our heart health and have fun TOGETHER!
Other Virtual Events
While many Walk with a Doc chapters around the world are slowly getting back to hosting in-person walks, we’ll continue to share some Virtual WWAD videos and podcasts for those who a) don’t have an in-person WWAD chapter nearby, b) aren’t ready to attend in-person events yet, or c) are WWAD superfans who just can’t get enough :) The format will be the same as a typical WWAD event. Check out the steps below for more details and click here to share the Virtual WWAD Series with a friend!
Step 1: Health Talk
Check out these short videos where WWAD Leaders from around the world will be sharing updates on COVID-19 and other important health topics! There are several options for viewing:
- Click Here to have each new video sent straight to your email inbox.
- Check out the most recent videos below or see all past videos by topic.
- Follow our social media channels:
Dr. Jacob Mirsky shares important info on how various lifestyle factors can impact your sleep! Click here to watch the video on Facebook.
Gena Swift discusses colon cancer in this week’s virtual walk!
Step 2: Walk
After watching the health talk, it’s time to go out for a walk! Here are a few reminders:
- Stay Safe – Make sure you follow current CDC and local guidelines for masking and physical distancing for vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- Get Out In Nature – If possible, get outside for your walk! Walk around your neighborhood or head to a local park. Nature is good for you and your immune system.
- Be Social – During your walk, feel free to call or FaceTime a friend or a family member. Prefer some alone time? Consider listening to music or a podcast while you walk.
- Show Your WWAD Pride – If you have any WWAD swag, wear it during your walk and snap some selfies!
Step 3: Connect
Tell us about your walk! We would love to hear all about it and help celebrate with you.
- Comment on the health talk video that we posted on social media
- Post in the WWAD Facebook Group
- Post on your own social media using #VirtualWWAD and be sure to tag @walkwithadoc
- Email email@example.com or share your updates and photos here: