|Good morning!Wednesday night, our son, Charlie sent the most recent declaration from our Ohio Governor to our family text chain. It followed something Krissy sent me on how to get even more out of your walk. Then, last night, Charlie shouted down from his room this headline.Standing over a soapy sink wrestling with the after-dinner dishes, it caught me off guard. I set the Melamine plate down, wiped both palms on my apron, and was honestly surprised at my immediate reaction of, “Oh, no. So soon?”|
Does anyone else feel this is early?Confused, I did some reflecting.
I found that these are the 8 reasons I’m hangin’ on:
1. Certainly during the colder days, a warm, comforting fabric smacked up against the jowls is rather pleasant. I never would’ve known this prior to 2020. Ski masks certainly carry a certain social stigma. Can’t go there.
2. My wife has asked me (just) a couple of times over the years, after meals, if the skin around my lips is innervated. I might or might not have noticed celery, broccoli, or cauliflower ‘saved for later’. Face mask = problem solved. Can’t yell about something you can’t see.
3. There were some pandemic days where I’d throw on a baseball cap, dark sunglasses, a big ol’ mask, a black turtleneck and go places. Just places. Not an inch of skin exposed. Made me feel like a superhero, or The Fly, or like I was sticking it to the paparazzi. I’ll miss those days.It was the exact same feeling as when I was younger (2017) and I’d arrange 4 chairs and a bedsheet in the family room.”David, did you take out the trash??””Sorry, can’t hear you down here. I’m in my tent!”
4. Shaving. Oh, how I will mourn those particularly lazy days when one could wake up, throw on a mask, and just shave around the edges.Cleanshaven…or so they thought!Right up until that super embarrassing emergent board Zoom call in early April.Laughing they said in unison, “David, please, it’s a Zoom call! We insist you take off your mask!”They let me put it back on for the remainder of the call.
5. Garlic for lunch and no mints in the vending machine? Thank you 2020/21.
6. Very rarely, while wearing your doctor clothes, someone may say something that makes you laugh when you might not want to? Thank you mandatory mask requirement. No blood, no foul.
7. Poker with my crew? I was finally raking in the dough. Mask mandate revoked, my money is being revoked.
8. What if you’re talking to a ‘say it, don’t spray it’ person that had chosen not to mask up? No problem. Everything’s landing on my handy-dandy face protector…and then being slowly absorbed into my system like an evil, wretched One-a-Day Vitamin.
Peace out. Vaccines in = masks off (mostly)!david
Don’t forget to register for our FREE webinar on May 26, at 5 pm EST. At WWAD we get to meet some amazing and interesting people, like Dr. Samuel Waxman, the founder of the Samuel Waxman Cancer Research Foundation, which has raised over $100 million! Dr. Sabgir and Dr. Waxman will be discussing many items including how Dr. Waxman cured a devastating form of leukemia and much more!Please register here to reserve your place.
|Join the Virtual Walk with a Doc Series!Click here for more info. Click here to receive email updates.|
|Welcome New Walk Chapters!Click here to find your local Walk with a Doc chapter.|
|Burlington, KS, Coffey Health – Sponsored By KHA and BCBSKSHiawatha, KS, Hiawatha Community Hospital – Sponsored By KHA and BCBSKSMeridian, MS, Rush Health SystemsNewport Beach, CA, Dr. LifestyleOak Ridge, TN, Dr. Milan Sheth|
|Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.|
Bryan, Orelle, David, Rachael www.walkwithadoc.org